Position Type: Salary Exempt
Reports to: Sales
Date: September 20, 2022
Kentwood Office Furniture (KOF) is proud to be a 100% employee-owned company focused on the customer experience. We collaborate with clients throughout the entire project to provide a quality solution, on time and on budget. We provide the best solutions by offering an unprecedented level of variety, service, and value. From architectural products to environmentally conscious furniture that is new, previously owned, or thoughtfully remanufactured, we provide customized interior solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, and home environments.
The Account Executive will develop long-term, mutually beneficial business relationships with clients using a solutions-based, consultative selling approach. A successful candidate will profitably grow sales and market share through prospecting, networking, and relationship building with new and existing customers as well as third-party influencers. Working closely with interior design, sales support, installation team, and partner vendors to exceed customer expectations.
- Manage relationships with new and existing customers.
- Prospect the local market for new furniture and architectural product opportunities.
- Develop local business relationships with third-party influencers (commercial real estate companies, A&D firms, moving companies, etc.) to identify potential opportunities.
- Drive sales and profitability by leading the sales process.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a winning sales plan.
- Collaborate with the interior design team to provide solutions that meet customers’ functional, aesthetic, and budget requirements.
- Provide complete and timely communication from proposal to execution.
- Partner with internal and external installation teams to see a project through completion.
- Facilitate customer requests for pricing, specifications, information, and other service requirements.
- Negotiate product pricing to achieve established price and margin objectives.
- Meet assigned sales quota and gross profit objectives.
- Utilize and continually update corporate CRM system.
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts.
- Build and maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuous learning.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Consultative sales skills with a strong relationship-based mentality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work directly with business owners, executives, and decision-makers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Experience utilizing CRM software preferred, but not required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable job experience.Top of Form
- Minimum of 2 years of general sales experience.
- Commercial furniture industry experience preferred but not required.
- Some travel required, mostly local.