This sales role will develop long-term relationships with clients using a consultative selling approach. Will grow sales though networking and relationship building within new and existing customers as well as third-party influencers. Ensures customer satisfaction from proposal through project completion. Works closely with our interior design, sales support, installation team and partner vendors to exceed customer expectations.
- Manage the day to day relationships with new and existing customers.
- Prospect the local market for new furniture and architectural product opportunities.
- Develop local business relationships with third-party influencers (commercial real estate companies, A&D firms, moving companies, etc.) to identify potential opportunities.
- Drive sales and profitability by leading the sales process including the development of creative and innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Involve key stakeholders in the development of a winning sales plan
- Collaborate with interior design team to provide solutions that meet customer’s functional, aesthetic and budget requirements.
- Provide complete and timely communication from proposal to execution to minimize cost, improve coordination and create an extraordinary customer experience.
- Partner with internal and external installation teams to complete project, exceed customer expectations and build referral base.
- Facilitate customer requests for pricing, specifications, information, and other service requirements. This can involve providing quotes, determining gross profits, negotiating pricing and terms, cost/benefit analysis, reviewing finishes and options.
- Exceed assigned sales quota and gross profit objectives. Utilize and continually update corporate CRM system. Provide timely and accurate sales forecast.
- Build and maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending company and vendor sponsored education and product workshop as well as through independent study.
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self-discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem-solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Excellent analytical and strategic problem-solving skills: highly developed understanding of company’s strategic direction and ability to interpret and communicate senior management direction. Clearly defines, gathers, analyzes, and focuses on the most relevant information. Synthesizes complex information.
- Continuous Learner: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of industry trends, products, and applications
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates Courage:Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable job experience
- Two to three years of business-to-business sales experience
- High personal performance standards with a desire for continuous learning
- Consultative sales skills with strong relationship-based mentality
- Ability to work directly with business owners, executives, and decision makers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of office furniture industry or the built environment (preferred but not required)
- Proficient computer skills; experience utilizing CRM software a plus.
- Willingness to travel as required; must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.