The Sales and Business Development Associate is an exciting, early professional career opportunity geared toward eventual promotion to a sales representative position. Selected candidates will work closely with an experienced Account Executive supporting all aspects of our sales processes, including client-facing and sales generating activities. They will partner with clients, internal and external teams, vendors, and third-party influencers to profitably grow the business and exceed customer expectations.
- Successfully complete an extensive cross-functional rotational program designed to help you learn about the company, our products, and the markets that we serve. During this rotation time, you will spend dedicated time in/with:
- Customer Service + Inside Sales
- Design + Marketing
- Operations + Finance
- Key Manufacturing Partners + Sales Professionals
- Work closely with assigned account executive(s) to develop and execute a plan to drive sales within targeted accounts and new business opportunities
- Closely partnering with the sales team to assist in other various sales enablement activities such as client facing meetings, cyclical calling of Kentwood clients, email campaigns and other sales tasks.
- Preparation and generation of proposals and presentations based on the need of each opportunity which includes compiling product information, discounting, finishes, materials, and delivery / installation quotations.
- Takes care of walk-in customers, customer pick-ups, retail transactions and other showroom responsibilities.
- Post-installation coordination and communication with clients and vendors regarding item deficiency, damages and other items that arise. Supporting tasks could include quotation preparation and ordering of items to rectify any matters. Communication with client and vendors throughout the process including post-sale satisfaction.
- Continued advanced learning of our broader systems and software we use on a daily basis.
- Works strategically and professionally with internal and external cross-functional business partners (both Kentwood Office Furniture and outside business partners)
- Performs additional responsibilities as required to achieve corporate business objectives.
Qualifications & Attributes
- Ability to work cross-functionally with others and work on various projects at any given time.
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards with a desire for continuous learning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook.