Do you love creating spaces that inspire people? Do people seek you out to solve their living/working space design issues because you are “so creative”? Do your fingers itch to move around furniture so it could “flow” better? By the end of the day, do you feel fulfilled because you know your work matters? Do you have the passion to create interior designs that are better than the “norm”? At KOF, we are on the lookout for a key role within our Detroit team – our next Senior Interior Designer (Detroit location).
As our Senior Office Interior Designer in Detroit, daily you will work to achieve the following goals:
- Customer Satisfaction – This will require great listening skills to hear, see and understand our customers’ wants, needs and constraints in order to use all the great resources at your disposal, including office furniture and interior solutions, to give them the most innovated, most functional and most cost-effective solution for them.
- Creativity – This will require you to desire to understand the details of all the resources available to you through our wide array of vendor solutions. It will also require your ability to translate that knowledge and understanding into a solution that meets the customer’s needs for furnishings, space design, and architectural elements.
- Initiative – This will require you to be able to take responsibility for the design portion of the project on your own and use your time efficiently. It will also require that you initiate collaboration with the project team in a thoughtful and timely manner to meet customer deadlines.
- Team support – You will have access to our growing team of Designers and they will benefit from your skills as a new part of that team. As a Senior Designer, you would be required to share your knowledge and understanding with Junior Designers and support other designers throughout the organization.
To be successful as our next Senior Interior Designer, we feel you will need:
- Office furniture experience required
- NCIDQ certification is a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or related field
- 7 years of proven, successful growth on a design team
- Communication skills that are professional, inspirational and influential
- Positivity and GRIT – This can’t be taught in school. It is an overall self-awareness and great interpersonal skills.
At Kentwood Office Furniture, Our Mission is to be the first choice for office furniture and interior solutions wherever work happens. Our Promise is to deliver the best experience in the industry for our customers. Because we have unparalleled access to all types of products, we can achieve our mission and deliver on our promise. We offer the highest quality of new, previously owned or thoughtfully remanufactured office furniture. By truly listening to our customers, together we create aesthetically beautiful solutions that fit their culture, work style, and budget. Get inspired at www.kentwoodoffice.com.
If you thrive on successfully creating pleasing and productive solutions for people, we want to talk to you. We want to tell you more about exciting projects we have underway and the great benefits we offer ourselves – we are an employee-owned company after all. Apply today for immediate and confidential consideration.
If you would like to be part of this great opportunity, please click here to apply.