Stonehenge Consulting, a valued long-term client, approached our company with a unique challenge: relocating and reconfiguring their existing EKOS and other furniture to suit their new, larger commercial interior space. Our team took on the task with precision and expertise, efficiently dismantling and transporting the furniture to the new location. We seamlessly integrated additional pieces as necessary to optimize the layout and functionality of the space. This successful project not only showcased our commitment to meeting client needs but also demonstrated our ability to adapt and transform interiors to align with evolving business requirements, reaffirming our strong partnership with Stonehenge Consulting.
Trailer Equipment / Trailer X-Press is expanding with a new 108,000 sq. ft. facility. This new facility will centralize their operations and help them better serve their community and the trucking industry overall. The Kentwood Office team was able to help capture their vision and create a workspace that prioritizes employee wellness and productivity.
Moving into a new facility is already challenging! Kentwood Office Furniture took the time to listen to our deadlines and needs. We felt from the start that we had a true partnership to accomplish our furniture goals!
Mackenzie Wellman – V.P./Trailer Equipment & Trailer X-Press
Holland Home desired to remodel and upgrade their café space on the Raybrook Campus to create a welcoming space for the residents, staff and visitors to enjoy.
Ray’s Bistro offers a coffee and lounge area, as well as a variety of seating areas. Kentwood Office partnered with SKP Design to re-imagine this space.
Kentwood Office is always great at looking out for their customers. They have a great wealth of knowledge in the commercial furniture world!
Chad Bunce – Project Manager/Holland Home
The Sales and Business Development Associate is an exciting, early professional career opportunity geared toward eventual promotion to a sales representative position. Selected candidates will work closely with an experienced Account Executive supporting all aspects of our sales processes, including client-facing and sales generating activities. They will partner with clients, internal and external teams, vendors, and third-party influencers to profitably grow the business and exceed customer expectations.
- Successfully complete an extensive cross-functional rotational program designed to help you learn about the company, our products, and the markets that we serve. During this rotation time, you will spend dedicated time in/with:
- Customer Service + Inside Sales
- Design + Marketing
- Operations + Finance
- Key Manufacturing Partners + Sales Professionals
- Work closely with assigned account executive(s) to develop and execute a plan to drive sales within targeted accounts and new business opportunities
- Closely partnering with the sales team to assist in other various sales enablement activities such as client facing meetings, cyclical calling of Kentwood clients, email campaigns and other sales tasks.
- Preparation and generation of proposals and presentations based on the need of each opportunity which includes compiling product information, discounting, finishes, materials, and delivery / installation quotations.
- Takes care of walk-in customers, customer pick-ups, retail transactions and other showroom responsibilities.
- Post-installation coordination and communication with clients and vendors regarding item deficiency, damages and other items that arise. Supporting tasks could include quotation preparation and ordering of items to rectify any matters. Communication with client and vendors throughout the process including post-sale satisfaction.
- Continued advanced learning of our broader systems and software we use on a daily basis.
- Works strategically and professionally with internal and external cross-functional business partners (both Kentwood Office Furniture and outside business partners)
- Performs additional responsibilities as required to achieve corporate business objectives.
Qualifications & Attributes
- Ability to work cross-functionally with others and work on various projects at any given time.
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards with a desire for continuous learning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook.
Aspen Surgical has experienced continuous growth since their inception in 1999. In 2021, they decided to construct a building to handle distribution and provide increased capacity for office personnel. They had partnered with Kentwood Office Furniture on several other projects and appreciated the broad selection of product lines and design assistance. Kentwood Office Furniture delivered solutions that were functional, met aesthetic and budget requirements, and incorporated sit-stand solutions to support employee wellness.
Since 1979, Wilkast has been a leader in providing precision and cosmetic aluminum and zinc die castings. Continued growth in the market required the construction of a new facility to house additional capacity.
Wilkast was interested in working with a local furniture supplier that could meet quality and timeline expectations with the ability to service any unplanned events. Kentwood Office was able to provide clear design concepts with lead times that met their needs.
Kentwood “knocked it out of the park” when it came to furnishing our new headquarter offices. Dan and his team brought great design elements that fit our décor with a combination of new and used pieces, all within our desired budget. Their attention to furniture fit and function, as well as delivery timelines, took all of the stress out of this part of our new building project. I would highly recommend the team at KOF for any of your office furniture needs!
Tom Wilkerson – President/Wilkast
With strong and steady growth, this medical manufacturing company expanded its capabilities in their Grand Rapids campus by renovating an existing facility, and building a new world-class clean room. Emulating the two existing Grand Rapids facilities furnished by Kentwood Office, a cohesive and fresh look was created by balancing classic finishes with updated details. The result was an elevated space for their corporate associates.
Because of growth, Reformation Heritage Books (RHB) was stretched beyond capacity and needed to increase warehousing and office space. The newly renovated building includes a large retail store, offices, loading docks, and a warehouse. Kentwood Office partnered with RHB to furnish the space with a blended solution that met furniture expectation, budget, and timeline requirements.
It has been a delight to work with KOF. They were attentive to our ever-changing needs and made countless beneficial suggestions to lift the project to another level, beyond expectations. The result is a beautiful facility, which we hope will be fit for purpose for many years to come.’
CEO – Reformation Heritage Books
In the spring of 2021, GRAM opened a brand new 110,000-square-foot finishing center and needed furnishing solutions for their offices and workspaces.
Kentwood Office Furniture (KOF) has a longstanding relationship with GRAM after working together on numerous past projects. The goal was to create consistency between all locations, while also bringing a “wow-factor” to the new space through a number of dramatic pieces. See the full case study here.