Evan ManleyMarch 14th, 2023 by Paula McCarty
Open benching solution for RQAW expansionSeptember 11th, 2019 by Paula McCarty
RQAW expanded in their existing office space and were looking for an open benching solution for a great price. They had previously purchased with another dealer and did not want to spend that kind of money again. In the customer’s new desk layout, they needed to fit as many people as possible and correct some design issues they have with their existing furniture throughout the building. We were able to fix those issues, keep their budget, and install on their short time table.
BorgWarner opens new state-of-the-art technical center in IndianaMay 7th, 2019 by Paula McCarty
With an eye on the future, BorgWarner has combined operations from existing facilities in Anderson and Pendleton, Indiana into one modern, centralized new facility. This new facility is focused on employee collaboration and creativity; utilizing flexible work spaces, an open work environment, and several collaboration zones. Much design consideration was given to employee freedom and health and wellness. The building includes a mix of social and individual spaces which allow employees to choose how and where they work.
Click here to read more on BorgWarner’s new facility.
Becca ChivingtonJuly 19th, 2018 by Paula McCarty
DCL expands into beautiful downtown buildingJanuary 2nd, 2018 by Paula McCarty
Direct Connect Logistix (DCL) was growing rapidly and needed a larger, innovative space for employees. Kentwood was able to create the aesthetic DCL wanted while staying under budget. Their current furniture needed a facelift, so DCL traded in existing panels for cost savings, and purchased more product to create their refreshed look. The space had an industrial look that Kentwood mimicked with black fabrics and glossy white tops. Wanting to attract younger talent, Kentwood’s designers selected sleek furniture pieces with pops of color. Project is located in downtown Indianapolis in the beautiful Cosmopolitan Building.
Art To Remember invests in future with move to new buildingOctober 25th, 2017 by Paula McCarty
Art To Remember moved from their current location to a new building which could support their current and future growth.
Although the customer had past relationships with the HMI, Knoll and Steelcase dealers, Kentwood Office Furniture was given the opportunity to show how we could value engineer product to fit the customer’s needs and budget.
The project showcased Kentwood’s ability to provide a blended solution of new, remanufactured and previously owned furniture. Along with these items, our team was able to re-engineer the customer’s existing cubicles from the old space, tear down, move, and re-build into the new space.
Update creates modern, connected workspace for RepuCareOctober 18th, 2017 by Paula McCarty
RepuCare was in need of a complete makeover. It had been 25 years since this company had done anything to update their space. The owner and CEO is a prominent figure in the Indianapolis community, as well as, nationally within women’s organizations. For this client, it was important to have an office that better embraced her corporate identity and also her activism in feminism. The client desired a space that was efficient, effective, modern, and classy. The Kentwood team was tasked with incorporating existing workstations into their design plan. Kentwood Office suggested pieces to complement the existing product and bring the office from dark and disconnected to light, modern and connected. Snowsound acoustical panels were used to provide acoustical privacy and provide a modern art statement.
David GrossJuly 25th, 2017 by kwof
Account ExecutiveJune 6th, 2016 by Paula McCarty
This sales role will develop long-term relationships with clients using a consultative selling approach. Will grow sales though networking and relationship building within new and existing customers as well as third-party influencers. Ensures customer satisfaction from proposal through project completion. Works closely with our interior design, sales support, installation team and partner vendors to exceed customer expectations.
- Manage the day to day relationships with new and existing customers.
- Prospect the local market for new furniture and architectural product opportunities.
- Develop local business relationships with third-party influencers (commercial real estate companies, A&D firms, moving companies, etc.) to identify potential opportunities.
- Drive sales and profitability by leading the sales process including the development of creative and innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Involve key stakeholders in the development of a winning sales plan
- Collaborate with interior design team to provide solutions that meet customer’s functional, aesthetic and budget requirements.
- Provide complete and timely communication from proposal to execution to minimize cost, improve coordination and create an extraordinary customer experience.
- Partner with internal and external installation teams to complete project, exceed customer expectations and build referral base.
- Facilitate customer requests for pricing, specifications, information, and other service requirements. This can involve providing quotes, determining gross profits, negotiating pricing and terms, cost/benefit analysis, reviewing finishes and options.
- Exceed assigned sales quota and gross profit objectives. Utilize and continually update corporate CRM system. Provide timely and accurate sales forecast.
- Build and maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending company and vendor sponsored education and product workshop as well as through independent study.
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self-discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem-solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Excellent analytical and strategic problem-solving skills: highly developed understanding of company’s strategic direction and ability to interpret and communicate senior management direction. Clearly defines, gathers, analyzes, and focuses on the most relevant information. Synthesizes complex information.
- Continuous Learner: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of industry trends, products, and applications
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates Courage:Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable job experience
- Two to three years of business-to-business sales experience
- High personal performance standards with a desire for continuous learning
- Consultative sales skills with strong relationship-based mentality
- Ability to work directly with business owners, executives, and decision makers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of office furniture industry or the built environment (preferred but not required)
- Proficient computer skills; experience utilizing CRM software a plus.
- Willingness to travel as required; must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.