RQAW expanded in their existing office space and were looking for an open benching solution for a great price. They had previously purchased with another dealer and did not want to spend that kind of money again. In the customer’s new desk layout, they needed to fit as many people as possible and correct some design issues they have with their existing furniture throughout the building. We were able to fix those issues, keep their budget, and install on their short time table.
With an eye on the future, BorgWarner has combined operations from existing facilities in Anderson and Pendleton, Indiana into one modern, centralized new facility. This new facility is focused on employee collaboration and creativity; utilizing flexible work spaces, an open work environment, and several collaboration zones. Much design consideration was given to employee freedom and health and wellness. The building includes a mix of social and individual spaces which allow employees to choose how and where they work.
Click here to read more on BorgWarner’s new facility.
Direct Connect Logistix (DCL) was growing rapidly and needed a larger, innovative space for employees. Kentwood was able to create the aesthetic DCL wanted while staying under budget. Their current furniture needed a facelift, so DCL traded in existing panels for cost savings, and purchased more product to create their refreshed look. The space had an industrial look that Kentwood mimicked with black fabrics and glossy white tops. Wanting to attract younger talent, Kentwood’s designers selected sleek furniture pieces with pops of color. Project is located in downtown Indianapolis in the beautiful Cosmopolitan Building.
Art To Remember moved from their current location to a new building which could support their current and future growth.
Although the customer had past relationships with the HMI, Knoll and Steelcase dealers, Kentwood Office Furniture was given the opportunity to show how we could value engineer product to fit the customer’s needs and budget.
The project showcased Kentwood’s ability to provide a blended solution of new, remanufactured and previously owned furniture. Along with these items, our team was able to re-engineer the customer’s existing cubicles from the old space, tear down, move, and re-build into the new space.
RepuCare was in need of a complete makeover. It had been 25 years since this company had done anything to update their space. The owner and CEO is a prominent figure in the Indianapolis community, as well as, nationally within women’s organizations. For this client, it was important to have an office that better embraced her corporate identity and also her activism in feminism. The client desired a space that was efficient, effective, modern, and classy. The Kentwood team was tasked with incorporating existing workstations into their design plan. Kentwood Office suggested pieces to complement the existing product and bring the office from dark and disconnected to light, modern and connected. Snowsound acoustical panels were used to provide acoustical privacy and provide a modern art statement.
Kentwood Office Furniture (KOF) is proud to be a 100% employee-owned company focused on the customer experience. We collaborate with clients throughout the entire project to provide a quality solution, on time and on budget. We provide the best solutions by offering an unprecedented level of variety, service, and value. From architectural products to environmentally conscious furniture that is new, previously owned, or thoughtfully remanufactured, we provide customized interior solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, and home environments.
The Account Executive will develop long-term, mutually beneficial business relationships with clients using a solutions-based, consultative selling approach. A successful candidate will profitably grow sales and market share through prospecting, networking, and relationship building with new and existing customers as well as third-party influencers. Working closely with interior design, sales support, installation team, and partner vendors to exceed customer expectations.
- Manage relationships with new and existing customers.
- Prospect the local market for new furniture and architectural product opportunities.
- Develop local business relationships with third-party influencers (commercial real estate companies, A&D firms, moving companies, etc.) to identify potential opportunities.
- Drive sales and profitability by leading the sales process.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a winning sales plan.
- Collaborate with the interior design team to provide solutions that meet customers’ functional, aesthetic, and budget requirements.
- Provide complete and timely communication from proposal to execution.
- Partner with internal and external installation teams to see a project through completion.
- Facilitate customer requests for pricing, specifications, information, and other service requirements.
- Negotiate product pricing to achieve established price and margin objectives.
- Meet assigned sales quota and gross profit objectives.
- Utilize and continually update corporate CRM system.
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts.
- Build and maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuous learning.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Consultative sales skills with a strong relationship-based mentality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work directly with business owners, executives, and decision-makers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Experience utilizing CRM software preferred, but not required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable job experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of general sales experience.
- Commercial furniture industry experience preferred but not required.
- Some travel required, mostly local.