The EKOS Process
So how exactly do we take used furniture and remanufacture it into EKOS? Here’s a step-by-step overview of our process to see the care and effort taken by our team to fully repurpose products and materials into your next great piece. Each step considers your unique colors and finishes.
- Metal faces are sanded and repainted to a choice color for a new finish with long-term performance. We have many standard colors to choose from, or we can color-match to your preference.
- Fabric is stripped away and re-covered, again in your choice of color and pattern. Our talented production team works with OEM fabric stretching machines to install all fabric, ensuring a tight fit that won’t bubble or sag. We offer a range of fabrics, many with recycled content, that provide a great look with long-lasting performance.
- Worksurfaces are fully replaced. Our wood products team laminates and custom cut our surfaces in-house to give you complete control over size, color, and design.
- Overhead storage units are stripped, refinished, and then reassembled. If any parts do not pass our quality inspection, we will replace them.
- Metal storage can be reused if the product is in fine working condition. We will touch up or fully repaint as needed. Or they can be fully replaced with new storage in many styles, colors, and hardware options. The choice is yours!
- Electrical components are added where needed. We ensure that our product retains the original manufacturer UL listing.
- Your lighting can be reused or replaced with new task or desk lights.
- Any added accessories or safety products can be ordered at the same time. Dividers and modesty panels can be custom-made, while wire management, pencil drawers, toolbars, and desktop power units can be quoted as well.
If you’re in the market for office furniture, EKOS is a great middle-ground between new and used that gives you the flexibility to customize for your specific needs. Our remanufactured EKOS line has been the successful choice for hundreds of companies helping them save money and promote sustainability.