Celebrating our 35th Anniversary by Focusing on Giving Back
In recognition of 35 years of successfully serving our community, vendors, partners and customers, Kentwood Office Furniture dedicates a season to giving back. Kentwood, along with their manufacturing partner, The HON Company, and other organizations around the state are teaming up to raise funds for Goodwill Industries. “There are a variety of organizations all around us that work tirelessly during these tough economic times to ensure that those in need continue to have access to food and shelter, healthcare, education and jobs,” says Art Hasse, Owner and President of Kentwood Office Furniture. “We want to make sure we take time to share our successes, help offset their operational costs, and enable them to focus on their community contributions.”
Kentwood Office Furniture (KOF) will work hand in hand with the local members of Goodwill Industries to raise funds in support of their efforts. “We strive to reach a goal of $25,000 to support their initiatives,” says Laura Hopson, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Kentwood Office Furniture. For $20 each, Kentwood Office Furniture will be selling vouchers worth $35 off any used product priced at or above $150 and 40% off any new product. The vouchers can be redeemed in any Kentwood Office Furniture showroom. Every person or company who purchases a voucher will receive a chance to win an office makeover. KOF and HON will be giving away one suite of office furniture in each of their five regions. Each suite has a retail value of nearly $10,000 for a grand total of $50,000 in furniture contributions. The campaign will run from April 1 – June 30, 2011 and KOF will contribute a majority of the voucher’s purchase price to Goodwill Industries.
For more information on how to participate and support the Goodwill Industries organization, log on to www.kentwoodoffice.com or call 616-957-2320. You may also contact Goodwill Industries directly at 616-885-7254.
3063 Breton Rd. SE
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Kentwood Office Furniture/HON Office Makeover Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Entry into this Giveaway constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
1. Eligibility: The Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the states of Michigan and Illinois who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Void elsewhere. Employees of Kentwood Office Furniture, LLC and The HON Company (“HON”), parent and subsidiary entities, employees of the advertising and promotion agencies of each entity, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Mass-produced entries, facsimiles, and/or photocopies or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries or robotic entries are void and, if discovered, will be disqualified. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. Any right to receive a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and conditions of these Official Rules.
2. Sponsor: Kentwood Office Furniture, LLC (“Sponsor” or “Kentwood”), 3063 Breton Road SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49512.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on April 1, 2011 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on June 30, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (the “Giveaway Period”). All ballots much be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 30, 2011.
4. How to Enter: A participant can enter the Giveaway using one of the following methods:
a. In store: During the Giveaway Period, visit any participating Sponsor location listed in Section 15 below, complete an entry form. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Giveaway.
b. Online: Visit www.hopindeals.com/kentwoodoffice during the Giveaway Period and follow the link to the Giveaway Registration Page. Complete and submit the Official Online Entry Form, in its entirety, including your full name, physical address, city, state, zip, phone, and e-mail address in order to receive one (1) entry into the Giveaway. In order for an online entry to be valid, entrant must have a valid e-mail address and must click the “submit” button. All online entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm EDT before the end date of the Giveaway Period. Limit one (1) entry per person/e-mail address for online entries. Use of automated systems to enter is prohibited. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor is not responsible for any online entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, technical malfunctions, or otherwise. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service or data plan will apply.
c. Purchase of a Kentwood voucher. A participant will receive one (1) entry into the Giveaway when purchasing, during the Giveaway Period a Kentwood voucher good for (i) $35.00 off any single used furniture item priced at or above $150, or (ii) 40% off any new furniture purchase (a “Voucher”). The purchase price for each Voucher is $20.00. Kentwood will contribute a portion of the proceeds from each Voucher sold to Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids, Inc. The purchase price of a Voucher does not constitute a charitable contribution for purposes of the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U.S.C. §1 et seq. or related Treasury regulations. All Vouchers must be redeemed during the Giveaway Period. Voucher discounts apply only to the regularly marked price of any item. Only one Voucher may be applied to any one item.
d. Limitation on entry. All entries are deemed to be property of Sponsor.
5. Drawings: Each entry will be assigned to one of five (5) regions corresponding to the locations of Sponsor’s retail outlets (Grand Rapids, MI; Novi, MI; Jackson, MI; Lansing, MI; and Chicago, IL) (the “Regions”). Each entry’s Region designation will be determined based on (a) the retail outlet at which a participant enters the Giveaway, for entries received pursuant to Sections 4(a) and 4(c) above, or (b) the geographic location of the participant’s primary residence, for entries received pursuant to Section 4(b) above. Sponsor’s determination of a participant’s Region shall be conclusive. Sponsor or designated partner will randomly select one (1) potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner from all eligible entries received in each Region during the Promotion Period, on or about July 1, 2011, for a total of five (5) total potential Grand Prize winners. The potential winners will be notified by mail, email, phone or a combination of all three. Each potential winner of a Grand Prize will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release, where legally permitted in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. All potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct as many subsequent drawings as necessary.
6. Prizes: Five (5) HON office suites, consisting of the items on the attached specification sheet(s) and each with a retail value of about $10,000 USD (the “Grand Prize”), will be awarded at the end of the Giveaway Period. There will be a total of 5 Grand Prizes during the Giveaway. All prizes will be fulfilled after the Giveaway Period has ended. No part of the prizes can be changed. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute a different prize of approximately equivalent retail value. Prize Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on prizes. Limit of one prize per person for the entire Giveaway Period. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Sponsor is not responsible for any prize items that are lost or damaged during packaging, shipping or delivery and no such prize items will be replaced in any manner including providing the cash value of such prize items.
7. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period.
8. Release: By participating in the Giveaway, Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, HON, and each entity’s officers, directors, employees, agents, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and other individuals and/or entities engaged in the development or execution of the Giveaway (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability or any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Giveaway or the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize received in this Giveaway or Entrant’s violation of these rules or the representations and warranties herein.
9. Publicity: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, or photograph for any Giveaway purposes that Sponsor chooses without notice or further consideration to the winner, except where prohibited by law.
10. General Terms: Sponsor, as it may determine in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, or other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper administration of the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual determined to be in violation of these Official Rules or determined to have acted in an otherwise disruptive or dishonest manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person as permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) late, delayed, misdirected, lost, undeliverable, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or stolen entry ballots or email; (2) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by an entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment utilized in the Giveaway; (3) unauthorized intervention or tampering in any part of the Giveaway; (4) human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway; or (5) for any failure of the website during the Giveaway period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the Giveaway; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If necessary to correct any irregularities, errors, or other problems with the Giveaway, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Under no circumstances will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. In the event that more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules are available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Arbitration and Choice of Law: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Giveaway, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest Grand Rapids, Michigan; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Giveaway), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Michigan, USA, without regard to Michigan choice of law provisions.
14. Winner List: For a list of winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Kentwood Office Furniture/HON Office Makeover Giveaway”, c/o Kentwood Office Furniture, LLC, 3063 Breton Road SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49512. All requests must be received by July 30, 2011.
15. Locations: Sponsor’s locations are as follows:
3063 Breton Rd. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512
40500 Grand River Ave., Novi, MI 48375
2420 West Michigan Ave., Jackson, MI 49202
800A South Rohlwing Rd, (Rt. 53), Addison, IL 60101
2101 West Willow St., Lansing, MI 48917