RMR Solutions was expanding their offices and decided to build out the adjacent suite. Kentwood was involved in selecting all materials including paint, carpet, and furniture.
In 2012, PAL’s board decided the nonprofit needed a permanent home, as opposed to the former ball bearing factory in Midtown where it rented space. Detroit PAL raised money for a new facility on the ground of the old Tiger Stadium. Kentwood Office worked with some of their donors, such as the Detroit Lions, to re-purposed some existing furniture. Kentwood provided a value-oriented solution that was cost effective and still matched the design intent.
MadDog Technology moved its offices to the 10th floor of the Riker Building in Pontiac, Michigan. With this move, they wanted a fresh, open space and workstations to support the open floor plan. Kentwood worked directly with the end-user to help their vision of an open, clean, inspiring space come to fruition by keeping the panels low and allowing natural light and views of the city from any seat
Kentwood Office Furniture uses preowned furniture to create another environmentally-friendly office showplace at a fraction of the cost. Their ability to provide products with fresh aesthetics quickly, and cost effectively, has made them an unparalleled resource throughout the Midwest region. These products are up–to-date, support current technology, and are designed to meet each customer’s specific need. Not only do their customers benefit financially from these value oriented solutions, the environment does as well. Many of their solutions utilize 100 percent used or remanufactured furniture products. This service focuses on keeping products and components out of the landfills and into the hands of those that need it.
GO AHEAD, REUSE IT
Kentwood Office Furniture has been a frontrunner in the call to action to reduce, reuse, and recycle office furniture for over 30 years. Although many new office furniture products are made from a percentage of recycled content, remanufactured office furniture is reused – the highest form of “green”! Remanufacturing conserves energy and natural resources over new manufacturing by up to 95% and avoids the solid waste stream and air pollution caused by the new production process.
Customers look to KOF not only for environmentally friendly used product solutions, but for their ability to design a space with these used products that meets their unique needs and work processes.
“There is used product available on the market – some of it good and some of it not so good,” says Laura Hopson, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Kentwood Office Furniture. “The value that KOF brings to their customer base is the ability to take these used products and reconfigure or remanufacture them to fit the exact needs of their space. We offer our customers design flexibility.”
USED FURNITURE INSTALLATION
One recent example that demonstrates this valuable service is an installation for Indicon, a company based in the Detroit, Michigan area. Indicon was challenged with trying to create an aesthetically pleasing innovative space as they moved their headquarters to a new facility. To make the most of every dollar spent, they began this process by searching for used office systems. Kentwood Office Furniture was able to meet their needs by creating a space with used Herman Miller products – including floor-to-ceiling wall product.
Indicon’s willingness to explore used products brought about an affordable, sustainable workplace that meets their unique needs and work processes.
Kentwood Office Furniture (KOF) is proud to be a 100% employee-owned company focused on the customer experience. We collaborate with clients throughout the entire project to provide a quality solution, on time and on budget. We provide the best solutions by offering an unprecedented level of variety, service, and value. From architectural products to environmentally conscious furniture that is new, previously owned, or thoughtfully remanufactured, we provide customized interior solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, and home environments.
The Account Executive will develop long-term, mutually beneficial business relationships with clients using a solutions-based, consultative selling approach. A successful candidate will profitably grow sales and market share through prospecting, networking, and relationship building with new and existing customers as well as third-party influencers. Working closely with interior design, sales support, installation team, and partner vendors to exceed customer expectations.
- Manage relationships with new and existing customers.
- Prospect the local market for new furniture and architectural product opportunities.
- Develop local business relationships with third-party influencers (commercial real estate companies, A&D firms, moving companies, etc.) to identify potential opportunities.
- Drive sales and profitability by leading the sales process.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a winning sales plan.
- Collaborate with the interior design team to provide solutions that meet customers’ functional, aesthetic, and budget requirements.
- Provide complete and timely communication from proposal to execution.
- Partner with internal and external installation teams to see a project through completion.
- Facilitate customer requests for pricing, specifications, information, and other service requirements.
- Negotiate product pricing to achieve established price and margin objectives.
- Meet assigned sales quota and gross profit objectives.
- Utilize and continually update corporate CRM system.
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts.
- Build and maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuous learning.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Consultative sales skills with a strong relationship-based mentality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work directly with business owners, executives, and decision-makers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Experience utilizing CRM software preferred, but not required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable job experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of general sales experience.
- Commercial furniture industry experience preferred but not required.
- Some travel required, mostly local.
Northridge Church started their furnishings search with a visit to the Merchandise Mart in Chicago. After viewing several options, they selected HON Flock and HON Motivate Seating. They liked the flexibility of HON Flock collaborative seating for individual areas within their lobby and near their bookstore. HON Motivate seating solutions proved the perfect fit for their cafe area. They communicated their desired product lines to Kentwood Office Furniture. Kentwood’s in-house designer placed these products into an efficient space plan and helped the client select colors and fabrics. Quick turnaround on the project, combined with direct ship options, had the space complete for Easter weekend services.